Friday, February 11, 2011

An Incentive

One of the first warnings of God to us about the importance of winning souls for the kingdom of God is found in Ezekiel 33. Read what the Lord says:

Ezekiel 33:1 The word of the Lord came to me: 33:2 “Son of man, speak to your people, (Heb “sons of your people") and say to them, ‘Suppose I bring a sword against the land, and the people of the land take one man from their borders and make him their watchman. 33:3 He sees the sword coming against the land, blows the trumpet, (Heb “shofar,” a ram’s horn rather than a brass instrument) and warns the people, (Sounding the trumpet was a warning of imminent danger) 33:4 but there is one who hears the sound of the trumpet yet does not heed the warning. Then the sword comes and sweeps him away. He will be responsible for his own death. (Heb “his blood will be on his own head.”) 33:5 He heard the sound of the trumpet but did not heed the warning, so he is responsible for himself. (Heb “his blood will be on him.”) If he had heeded the warning, he would have saved his life. 33:6 But suppose the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people. Then the sword comes and takes one of their lives. He is swept away for his iniquity, (Or “in his punishment.”) but I will hold the watchman accountable for that person’s death.’ (Heb “his blood from the hand of the watchman I will seek.”) 33:7 “As for you, son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel. Whenever you hear a word from my mouth, you must warn them on my behalf. 33:8 When I say to the wicked, ‘O wicked man, you must certainly die,’ and you do not warn  (Heb “and you do not speak to warn.”)  the wicked about his behavior, (Heb “way.”) the wicked man will die for his iniquity, but I will hold you accountable for his death. (Heb “and his blood from your hand I will seek.”)  33:9 But if you warn the wicked man to change his behavior, (Heb “from his way to turn from it.”) and he refuses to change, (Heb “and he does not turn from his way.”)  he will die for his iniquity, but you have saved your own life.

This gives a harsh word to all believers. Doesn't it cause you to sense the importance of winning souls? IF we do not preach, teach and compel the lost and dying (by which I mean, the eternal death waiting for the ones who do not accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior) thier BLOOD (life is in the blood) is on our hands. Very strong words to consider.

It doesn't matter what method you use. It doesn't matter what tool you use within reason, of course. Make an effort. The harvest is ripe. In a few weeks time, my daughter-in-law and I won 40 souls and we haven't scratched the surface in our town, in fact, we went down two streets (approximately 8 blocks total) and spoke to a few people in and by some stores.

There is a amazingly annointed, simple method we have been using. It can be downloaded for FREE on revival.com (along with other FREE amazing tools). Just read the Script to people, it's that easy.

I must write this: Some may disagree with me on the way I used these verses. Think of it as an incentive to bringing the lost into the kingdom of God. I wouldn't want someone's blood on my hands for NOT speaking to them about eternal life with God. I don't believe in bashing them over the head with their sins, they hear about that and know they are sinful the way it is. I would rather tell them about God's love and plan and purpose for their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment