Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Roots

All spiritual activity has a root. If you dig long enough, hard enough you will find out where that root came from, what seed caused it to grow. There are two types of spiritual roots/seeds; good and bad. Other variations of those roots are namely: Holy and evil, light and dark. These types of spiritual activity should be examined by the fruit it yeilds. If it is peaceable, joy-filling, calming, loving, kind, doesn't scare you, is not harmful, it comes from God (Yaweh, the Great 'I Am', etc). God is good, there is no bad in God..none at all. If it fills you with hopelessness, depression, fear, is harmful, destructive, even mischevious it is of Satan (Belial, Beelzebub, Angel of light, etc.). Satan is bad, there is no good in Satan..none at all. "The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it." (John 1:5)

Light and dark can not co-exist. Light will always dispel the darkness no matter which one makes the first move. If the dark comes nears the light, the dark will dissipate and of course, if the light goes near the dark..the dark will dissapate.

Ever wonder why there are so many people who dispise true Christians? The Bible describes us as lights in the darkness, salt of the earth (ever put salt in a wound? it hurts!). People who live in darkness and who dispise the light are usually wounded, more than likely by other Christians or a church. So the real salt of the earth, the real followers of Christ can seem to be the ones to shy away from since their very essence (a pun on the salt) seems to rub salt in their wounds and they can't handle being around the light..darkness flees from the light. Yet at the same time, that salt, that light can keep drawing the people to them. They want that flavoring (peace, joy, hope, faith, etc.), they want to be in the light as we are in the light. It draws them.

At the same time, people can be afraid of the light, of the saltiness. It can be scary since some believe they have to give up things or some of their ways on their own. God is a respecter of persons and either He will do it when you aren't even paying attention or He will take care of it in some way such as; take the desire for that undesirable thing away from you so you won't have to worry about it ever again. He loves you, He wants to heal your broken heart, take care of the pain you may be feeling, lift you up and make you whole again, remove fear, take your burdens and carry them Himself. Actually, He already has done that when He died for you at Calvary. He took ALL sin upon Himself and died so you could live in the light without fear of eternal death. It just takes a simple action on your part, ask Him (Jesus) to forgive you of your sin, believe that He has done so.

Dear Lord Jesus, come into my heart. Forgive me of my sin. Wash me and cleanse me. Set me free. Jesus, thank you that you died for me. I believe that you are risen from the dead and that you are coming back again for me. Fill me with the Holy Spirit. Give me a passion for the lost, a hunger for the things of God and a Holy boldness to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am saved; I am born again, I am forgiven and I am on my way to heaven because I have Jesus in my heart. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment